This is an off-leash class for puppies up to 16 weeks of age (first set of shots required).
Class will run one night per week for six weeks.
The focus of this class is socialization (and familiarization) which is critical in the first four months of your pup's life. We teach owners how to train their puppy using positive reinforcement methods that are fun for both owner and dog - with lots of play and socialization time.
What will you learn?
The three most important things your puppy will learn are:
- Bite inhibition or gentle jaws
- Interacting with and being handled by people
- Reliable off-leash obedience
Along with some basic obedience cues, you will learn how to:
- deal with problems common to puppies (biting, house training, etc.)
- avoid behavior issues later in your pup’s life (such as resource guarding)
- properly exercise your pup to avoid injury
- build a trusting relationship with your pup.
..... and we cover many other topics important to new puppy owners!!
You will be also be introduced to “Clicker Training” (we will supply the clicker)
Note: We ask that you carry your pup between the facility and your vehicle.
Our floors are cleaned with hospital grade disinfectant prior to Puppy classes to mitigate risk of disease.
DO NOT let your pup walk in public places, dog parks, etc. or they will not be able to attend this class.